We were the first family to apply to adopt Alfie at their event. We were told they would check our references and our vet and would schedule home visit on Monday.

They told us that the visit would be late on Monday. None of our references or vet were called and neither were we! We called, emailed, and faxed them to no avail. They waited until midnight to email me just to say they gave Alfie to somebody else without even checking our references out!

They don't try to find a home that their pets fit in, they pick and choose who they want. All other rescues put a hold on a pet when they receive the first application but NOT OSCAR !!!

If they think you live too far for a home visit, you don't get a chance to adopt the pet that you love and that the pet loves you.

Product or Service Mentioned: One Step Closer Animal Rescue Pet Adoption.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 29, 2014.

Comments

Oak Island, North Carolina, United States #1194411

LIes coming from the O.S.C.A.R. are routine & the only reason they have not been shut down is because NJ doesn't have the manpower. You SCAM animal lovers, bait people for money & pull dogs from out of the area with NO REGARD for the animals....so cut the bull...you are SCAMMERS and there is a special place in *** for you.

Oak Island, North Carolina, United States #1194409

They are a horrible group & should be shut down....very sad

OSCAR is not a first come first serve rescue. They truly care about the animals they rescue and try and find the very best fit for the animals.

They save hundreds of animals every year with the help of the volunteers who foster and attend all the events.

They are a very busy hard working group that also hold down full time jobs.

Sussex, New Jersey, United States #931208

I filled out an application for a dog and was told somebody would call me back in 48 hours. No one ever called me and would never return my calls or emails.

They finally responded late at night and told me the dog was given to someone else.

Very disappointing service from an organization who supposedly wants to adopt animals.

Newton, New Jersey, United States #900668

OSCAR Animal Rescue is not a first come, first served rescue. Our main concern is to find the best home for the dog. This may not always be the first applicant.

Sparta Township, New Jersey, United States #886558

OSCAR is one of the best animal rescues I have ever encountered. They love and care for all of their rescues.

They are really great people who want what is best for the rescues. They place them in the best possible match for the dog or cat. They care what is best for the rescue animal. Just because you are the first to put an application in for a rescue does not make you the best match for the animal.

They put many, many volunteer hours into making sure that a animal going to their forever home is placed in one that can care for them for the rest of their lives. They do try their best and should be commended for getting many animals out of kill shelters and bad situations and giving them a new lease on life in a loving and caring new forever home.

Ohio, United States #882628

We adopted gus two years ago. OSCAR took care of him for 8 months.

He had a broken leg when he was rescued. Last month we adopted Paige from OSCAR. She is a pure bred black lab. Both dogs were in kill shelter.

I do not believe that they would ever do anything underhanded. No way.

These are angels who rescue dogs and give them a new life. Perhaps there was something inaccurate in your application.

Somerville, New Jersey, United States #857109

Baloney yhese people are saints. Obviously you were not appropriate adopters