We were interested in a extra large breed dog O.S.C.A.R. was advertising.

The moment I saw him I knew he'd make the perfect addition to my home. I filled out an application on their website and sent it in. I read the entire website and it states it only takes them about 3-4 days to review an application, call your references, and set up a meet and greet. 2 days went by with no indication they received my application, none of my references had been checked and my vet wasn't called.

The second night I decided to add them on my Facebook. I noticed they had posted a picture of the dog we wanted with the caption "Still need's a forever home!" I commented on the photo and stated who I was and that we had filled out an application for him and I was hoping to hear back from them. Whoever manages their Facebook liked my comment but never replied to it. A few hours later I checked back, and noticed my comment had been deleted.

I was very upset and decided to send them an email the next morning which was Thanksgiving. I work in a big animal hospital and since we are open holidays I had been working all day never getting a chance to check my phone. They never emailed me back, nor called. By Friday night, still hadn't received any news, so I decided to message them a private message through their Facebook.

I had noticed someone was constantly posting pictures of dogs that needed homes so I thought I may have some luck. I was right. Someone messaged me back within 20 minutes stating they were a volunteer and that they had contacted the "adoption division" about my application and they could not find it. I was told to resend my application via email vs through there website link.

I went straight to the computer to resend my application and made it a point in my application to state that I worked in an animal hospital and we have also rescued dogs in the past. I then messaged the same person who contacted me via Facebook and told them that I resent my application and I was looking forward to hearing from them. It has now been 6 days since sending my application. I have heard no word from them at all!

None of my references were called or my vet. I am very disappointed in this rescue. Other rescues we have used kept us in the loop the entire time, letting us know they received our application, calling references ect. I wish I would have looked up reviews prior to getting our hopes up and falling in love with the idea of rescuing another dog.

PLEASE be careful when choosing a rescue. Many rescues are very high maintenance and it sucks to see so many pets sitting in cages because they are so picky as to who they adopt to. Not to toot my own horn, but if a family has rescued before, or works in the animal field this should make for an easy decision.

This poor dog is still sitting in a cage, from what I can see on Facebook, and could have been in a loving home days ago. We have given up hope and I will never recommend this rescue to anyone!

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at One Step Closer Animal Rescue. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants One Step Closer Animal Rescue to "new management".

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by One Step Closer Animal Rescue and one step closer animal rescue customer care for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

We had the same experience. Terrible group

One Step Closer Animal Rescue is the WORST & my heart goes out to you and the poor dog! We went through the same thing trying to adopt a poor abused dog named Zippy...these people should never be allowed to operate and pass the word...truly a disgrace!